Friday, September 19, 2008

Viva Las Vixens

On Tuesday there was a Sports and Societies fair in Summerhall. I ended up signing up for the Pony Trekking Club, the Expedition Society, and last but not least, the Ladies Football Club (soccer for you Americans)!!!!








Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon, 2pm. I hustle over to Summerhall (late as usual) to meet the girls for practice only to learn that they had already walked over to the Meadows. So I had to go wander around the Meadows until I found them tucked away into a little corner. Turns out that a lot of girls are still out of town, and a few are also in the Rugby club (boo). We did a few introductory rounds of pass the ball, then had a relay race (twice) and my team lost (twice). To be fair, the grass was real slippery and I fell (once), but so did another girl.

After that, we played for football! Yellow shirts versus non-yellow shirts. My team won the first round, and I helped score two or three times. The second game was neck and neck , and we only lost because I was an inch shy of blocking the ball. Playing goalie was a lot of fun! My most epic almost-save involved me knocking a girl over short of the goal, but when she feel she some how tapped the ball into the goal with the bottom of her foot! It was such great fun. During the term we have practice twice weekly, once on the school's turf field with coaches, and once in the Meadows just for fun. I think our games are on Saturdays.

Later that night, we met back at Summerhall (I was not late!) and walked over to the captain's flat for some pre-partying before heading out to Lava/Ignite for a wild foam party. Words cannot describe how much fun we had. Let's just say that I wowed the Scottish girls with my Miami dancing, Pookish got hit on by this weird, short dude, and foam is an incredible thing to have at a club. We dance so much that my legs still hurt two days later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your American too you silly silly goose!