Sunday, December 25, 2011

Noche Buena 2011, part 1

The original plan last night was to live blog the whole event. However, the iPad technology was not quite up to snuff so I’ve deleted all the posts and decided to start anew.
The day began with an absolutely mad trip to Publix. I was seriously about to start drop kicking the families that decided it was absolutely necessary to bring ALL of their kids, spouses, in-laws, AND cousins to the store. YOU DO NOT NEED TEN PEOPLE TO DO THE SHOPPING!!!!!


I then called my little helper elf (the one with opposable thumbs) for an afternoon of baking!

We made apple pie muffins, pumpkin bread, cranberry bars, and coquito.

 

Meanwhile, at my aunt’s house, the party was beginning to come together.
 
On the left is La Caja China. On the right is El Hueco. The competition is going to be fierce, but only one lechon can win!


Forty pounds live weight of pure yumminess!




No comments: