Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winter Holiday

Guess I’ll start with the most recent events. I was able to go to Miami for a few days over the winter holiday. Travel was much better this year since I did not go through the North East. Why I ever thought that was a good idea is beyond me (I’ll post about this later). Even though we were delayed a bit due to strikes at CDG, I was still able to make it home in time for dinner. : D

This trip was jam-packed with people and events. The day after I arrived, there was a HUGE family reunion at my uncle’s house. Thank goodness not everyone was able to come, cuz we would not have fit!

91999  We barely fit in the pic!

It was nice seeing (most) of my family again. I even met up with Franchie and she invited me to a New Year’s Eve party. It’s the first proper NYE party that I’ve been too! I didn’t know anybody there other than her and her little brother, but I still had a good time.

A few days before I had to leave, we got to do our Secret Santa exchange. The presents this year were amazing! JP won; he gave Christian a ‘chick’ to keep him from getting too distracted by going out to get chicks.

Winter Holiday 201 110

Naturally, no one wanted to take care of the chick, so I ended up keeping it for a few days. (S)he was so cute and even bonded with me! Eventually we gave it back to JP so that he could take it back to the farm.

Winter Holiday 201 191Nap time!

My dad broke out the nommy Puerto Rican food a few times while I was home. They’d been keeping it in the freezer for me all month since they knew how much I liked it.

Winter Holiday 201 056 Winter Holiday 201 178

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I even got to have some proper paella!

Winter Holiday 201 052Heck yeah! Seafood!

Of course, it wasn’t all fun and games. I had to squeeze in a week of EMS, so I spent a few days working with Dr Mendez. It was fun, and I got to practice doing physicals and giving IV injections.

The flights home were fairly uneventful, though I did get delayed at CDG (again) for a few hours. It wasn’t their fault this time, though; EDI opened late on account of some snow and all flights in and out were delayed a few hours. For some reason, Air France felt bad about it and gave me 1000 miles! Woot!

Winter Holiday 201 221 Miami from above

 

Winter Holiday 201 232

Some place in Scotland from above

No comments: